Trapper's Cabin Pack Trip
2 days / 1 night
This overnight horse pack trip starting at the Wells Gray Guest Ranch (www.wellsgrayranch.com) gives our guests the chance to experience a backcountry adventure on horseback. They will discover the natural beauty and diversity of Wells Gray Park and spend an unforgettable night in our backcountry camp located in a beautiful, tranquil setting
by the old trapper's cabin by the Clearwater River.
Arrival at the Wells Gray Guest Ranch at 10.00 a.m. Registration at the desk. After the formalities you will meet the wranglers at the barn. We saddle our horses and pack the packhorses. We spend some time getting to know our horses and get familiar with some riding techniques. Instruction includes details on how to ride western style and how to handle your horse on the trail and various terrain. Around noon we depart for the Flat Iron Viewpoint where we stop for lunch. In the afternoon we descend along Trout Creek Canyon to the old Cabin down by the Clearwater River. We set up camp and start a campfire BBQ.
We pack up the packhorses and cross Hemp Creek. If crossing the
creek is too dangerous because of water levels or other obstacles nature
throws in our path we have to backtrack for a while on the same trail we
came on. Along this creek we ride north until we reach the old "Hoods in the woods camp". From there we ascend the Coal Creek Bluffs to
Coal Creek Falls and enjoy beautiful vistas of the Hemp Creek Valley. After a break we ride back to the ranch where we will arrive approx.
On arrangement from June 01st to Sep 30th, 2018
2 days / 1 night - $ 495.00 / person
Pre/post night package in a rustic cabin of Fort Wells Gray at the Wells
Gray Guest Ranch available. Minimum two nights does not apply in
combination with his package. Please visit
Rates do not
include 5% taxes and tips for the guide.
- We require a minimum of 5 and a maximum of 8 participants
- The minimum height for a child to participate is 125cm, weight 25
kg, age 12 years to be able to reach the stir-ups of the saddle and
control a horse according to insurance policies. Sorry, we can not
accept riding double.
- All guests are required to sign a waiver of liability prior to departure
- For room accommodation before and/or after the tour please visit www.wellsgrayranch.com
TOUR PRICE INCLUDES
- Guided trail riding as outlined
- Use of camping equipment (tent and insulating pad)
- All meals starting with lunch on first day and ending with lunch on the second day .
- Park use fees
NOT INCLUDED IN TOUR PRICE
- Personal expenses
- Transfers to/from Wells Gray Ranch
- Fishing license, tackle etc.
- Bring your own sleeping bag (rentals $ 15 per night)
WHAT TO BRING
- Warm sleeping bag
- Rain Coat and pants
- Riding Gloves (optional)
- Riding or Cowboy Boots
- Running shoes or waterproof footwear
- Jeans or Cotton Pants
- Bathing Suit
- Cotton T-Shirt or long sleeved shirt
- Warm Wool or Fleece Coat
- Wool or Fleece Sweater
- 2 Pair of Wool Socks
- Camera and Films
- Sun Lotion and Insect Repellent
- Pocket Knife
- Personal Water Bottle
- Water Purifying Tablets (optional)
- Personal Medication and First Aid Kit
HOW TO GET THERE
Turn off Highway # 5 in Clearwater (122 km north of Kamloops, B.C.) at
the Tourist Information Centre and follow the road to Wells Gray Park
for 27 km and then turn left at the sign "Wells Gray Guest Ranch".
FOR RESERVATION PLEASE CONTACT US AT firstname.lastname@example.org